Saturday, June 25, 2005

Dear Congressman and Tax Payers

Dear Congressman,

I would like to give you an update on the success of the IRR recall you authorized last year. I figure the best feedback you could use would be to compare the needs for the recall with the actual results of the recall. First and foremost the needs of the Army far outweigh any other form of logic in the known universe. It has always been this way and will always be this way. The recall was based on the needs the Army had in order to effectively and efficiently fight this war on terrorism. I am a patriot through and through and, if recalled again, would show up time and time again if the country needed me. However, the country doesn't need me. My job as a 98C Signals Intelligence Analyst is what is known as a "Critical MOS" (Military Occupations Specialty) There are just too few to fill all the slots the Army has. Since being recalled almost a year ago I have yet to even think about doing that job. Do you know what job I am doing now Mr. Congressman? I am guarding a detention facility, nay I am in charge of a detention facility. Not just any detention facility, but an Iraqi detention facility. I can count on Zero fingers the amount of training I've had to tackle such a sensitive assignment. I am the only American in the facility and ultimately responsible for the whole enchilada, or to be geographically correct the entire Kabob. The bulk of the job revolves around processing detainees on a computer. SO imagine my surprise when the American computer I was given to use was not compatible with the plugs in the Iraqi Prison. NO problem, they make adapters for just such instances. I went to our supply officer and asked for an adapter. I think the dialogue between us is best shared as it happened.

Eager to do the job I have no training for and have seen many of my fellow soldiers imprisoned themselves for not knowing the proper procedures I walk into the supply officer's office to request the adapter I need to plug the computer into the power at the detention facility.

"Sir, the computer I am required to use for my job needs an adapter to get power. Could I get one?"

"No, we don't have any, but you can go to Captain "Going to disappoint you" and he can give you money to buy one."

"Thanks Sir, I'll do just that."

knock knock "Sir I was told you may be able to help me get an adapter for the plug on the computer I have been ordered to use in a job I am completely unqualified for."

"Sure sergeant, you can buy them at the Haji shop here on post."

"Thanks Sir ,that is the most helpful advise I've ever gotten. I think you should be immediately promoted and lauded as the single most intelligent person on the face of the Earth. Could I get the money to carry out the most stupendous plan ever devised by a single person, ever?"

"No, you have to buy it yourself."

"I'm sorry Sir. I don't communicate on the same intellectual level you do, but I thought I heard you say I needed to pay for it myself?" I said as I had flashbacks of the time I was forced to pay for my own hotel room during the training for the job I'm not doing when the Army recalled me in the first place.

"That's right." He said with a dismissive wave as he turned his head to do whatever monumental world saving task he was tackling as I walked in.

"Sir, I'm not going to use my own money to fix a problem in a job the Army assigned me to do but didn't train me."

"That's fine."

"So, what your saying is I can sit there and read a book twelve hours a day, not do my job and it's OK because the Army isn't going to buy an adapter for the thousand dollar computer that will collect dust that the tax payers sacrificed and bought?"

"Yes, That's fine."

So to sum it all up the recall is working exactly as planned. Just like any other plan the military has devised as of yet. I just thought you might like the feedback for when you plan the draft.

Sincerely

SGT IRRSOLDIER

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure all the happenings and how you "got to" the place of promotion that you are now heading.

But, there is ONE who knew you would be there and HE will be your provision. HE doesn't waste anything, I call HIM the "Great Conservator". HE is the fountain of wisdom and understanding.

While you may think you are overwhelmed, HE will be your "supply".

Joseph endured three "P'S" before he got to the fourth. First there was the PiT, then Potifer's wife, then Prison, and fianally the Palace.

God can and will use the riduculous. There might be a "Palace" in the future. Rest in
Him.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey,
Well, you might get your "adapter" like we got the things the Army had but would'nt give us years ago.

Its called Midnight Requision, or steal it from someone who has it but don't need it as bad as you do.

Continue the Mission.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarcasm, thats new for you
RDR

3:38 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Yep, that sounds like the army's style of 'logic'. Nothing makes sense.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the first "anonymous said" God knew you would be where you are at, He doesn't waste anything, He has you there for a reason. Keep trusting that God has placed you where you are for a specific purpose. Seek the Holy Spirit's counsel and let Him be your guide to show you how He wants to use you at this time. All for the Glory of God.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever." Hebrews 13:20

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I thought the NAVY had a lock on stupidity, my bad.

Sometimes you have to just sit back and smile.....

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all of those who are serving in the military and have served in the military, Thank you. You have kept our country free. I think all of you deserve medals for the things you have suffered and endured. No matter what rank you are.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home