Friday, September 24, 2004

Still Here

Well, I don't have any orders yet. They said check back Monday to see if anything is new. I'm not holding my breath. I'm now operating under the assumption that I'll be here at least another week. It's not all bad though. Since I'm not in class any more I don't have anything I have to do. And since I don't really belong to anyone there is nothing they need me to do. Right now I just live in the hotel and do whatever I want. I don't have to show up to any formations or do any duties at all. I'm not the kind of person that can sit around and do nothing though. There is a movie theatre about a 2 minute walk from my room, a library and a gym about 5 minutes from here. You can also rent movies for $1.99. I suppose a week of sleeping in and getting paid for it won't be too bad.

I came across this list while reading some stuff on the internet and it made me laugh. Thought I'd share it with you.


"Aim towards the enemy." - Instruction printed on US Army rocket launcher


"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend." - US Army training notice


"Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. From 30,000 feet, every single bomb always hits the ground." - US Air Force ammunition memo.


"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal


"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." - Army preventive maintenance publication


"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo." - Infantry Journal


"Tracers work both ways." - US Army Ordnance Corps memo.


"Five-second fuses only last three seconds." - Infantry Journal


"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." - Col. David H. Hackworth


"If your attack is going too well, you're probably walking into an ambush." - Infantry Journal


"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection." - Joe Gay


"Any ship can be a minesweeper - once." - Anonymous


"Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do." - Unknown Army recruit


"Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you." - Your buddies


"If you see a bomb disposal technician running, try to keep up with him."

- US Army ordnance manual


"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed" - US Air Force flight training manual

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unreal! I never thought I would laugh so much at anything military. You must have been hired to write these manuals! The Lord is placing you where he wants you, so something down the road was not in his timing for you to leave now. We almost got sod done in the front today. zm

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed when reading those instructions. I guess if someone is that dumb they shouldn't be in the military. It could be hazardous to everyone's health. What is your IQ? TM

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home