Saturday, September 11, 2004

Went to See a Movie and Other Unrelated Thoughts

One of my friends and I (one of my two friends) went to see a movie this evening. The marquee said Bourne Supremacy but the movie was actually iRobot. It was an O.K. movie but it made me a little sad. Not the movie so much as the fact that I really get lost in movies. The problem with getting lost in a movie is that at the end reality sort of surprises you. Usually at the end of a movie I get up and walk out with my wife. This time I stood up to realize 80% of the room was wearing uniforms and I was in the Army again. It just made me miss my wife. I'm sure that won't be the last time.

A little dose of sadness coupled with I'm ready for bed tends to trigger a little introspection. It's funny how your life can completely change in an instant. The things that were important to me a few months ago don't mean anything. Things that concerned me before are now trivial. Am I doing well at my job, will I ever be able to afford a nice guitar amp, I need to fix some stuff around the house, all of my grass is dead, I don't remember having hair there? None of this matters anymore. The things that matter are my relationship with God and my family. That's pretty much it. Keep those two things in perspective and the rest is gravy.

Anyway, There is a Russian Mig fighter here on base. I had seen it the last time I was here but this time was even cooler. They had built some stairs with a little platform next to the plane. Now you can climb up and look into the cockpit. It was pretty cool. There are quite a few old planes around for people to look at.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your thoughts helps us to know what you are feeling and how to pray for you and the family. We are feeling the separation and sadness you feel. We love you and are praying for you and the family daily. TM

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home