Friday, November 12, 2004

Last Day of Leave

Tomorrow I have to go back to the Army. Blah. It's been great to be back with my family. We spent part of this leave at Disneyland and had a blast. Other than that we've seen friends and just hung out around the house. I took the kids hiking yesterday and went on a "tiger hunt". Although it was pretend my boy had some trouble going to sleep last night.

I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to post again. I fly back to Texas tomorrow and then to Kuwait on Monday. I'm not sure what will happen after that or what the communications options are. I'll try to post as often as possible. I'll probably write the posts off-line and then upload them when I get a chance. Also, it'll probably be a while before I have a good address again for mail. If you have my current one it's not good anymore. Anything you send to that address will either get lost or returned. If you know my wife or parents they should get the new address whenever I do. Mail of any kind is always appreciated. If you know any soldiers over there drop them a line. Mail is a real morale booster. Packages are even better. Go to google and search for packages for soldiers or anything like that. This will give you ideas for things to send. Snacks, books, magazines, and powdered drink mixes are always popular if you know what they like to read. There are companies out there that will sell you a pre assembled package and mail it for you if you're not sure what to send. Go to www.usps.com/supportingourtroops/supportingfaqs.htm
for information on sending mail and packages to soldiers overseas.

That's about all I have here. The adventure is about to really get underway so stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so happy for the week you all had together. We'll take care of your wife and kids, so don't worry about that. Good to know about the care package thing. Thanks for the info. We're hoping you are able to post because we've enjoyed reading your "diary". Please take care of yourself and know that your church family has been praying for you constantly and will continue to do so. You're very loved by all those around you. And we enjoyed having the opportunity to see you again even if it was brief. Can't wait for it to be permanent! God bless you and then some, M. Pads Coach

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Disneyland was a blast. It doesn't matter what age you are there is something for everyone. I'm glad that you got to spend quality time with the family. We will be praying for you and waiting for your return home. We love you. TM

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to spend some time with you. We will be here to take care of your family while you are away. We want you to know that we are praying for you, your safety and the time you are away passes quickly. PS Milo says Meow!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home