Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back at Liberty

Well, my responsibilities have ended. I'm back at Liberty in a trailer waiting out my last days in Iraq. So far all I've done is sleep in, eat, play basketball (which I'm not very good at), eat dinner, go to sleep. That pretty much sums it up. I think we're going to go to a different camp today to visit the Mecca of all Haji shops. I've only been there once before but I remember they have a pretty good selection. The mood here is very light now that we no longer have a mission and aren't really sending guys out into the streets anymore. We had an awards ceremony the other day where one of my friends got the Bronze Star. He really deserved it. But to sum up the whole experience as they were pinning the medal onto his uniform the metal star part fell off of the cloth ribbon part and almost fell in between the wooden slats of the deck we were standing on. You have to hand it to the lowest bidder. I'm still not exactly sure when I'll actually be at my house in the States. The story on how long the out processing process will take, and when it actually starts keeps changing. It seems the hurricane has shifted a large number of forces around in the states and processing centers for guys coming back from Iraq have been affected. Oh well, it'll happen sometime. I'm not too worried.

I'll wait a few more days to turn the results of the Lightning Round over to the celebrity judges. So far only Jamie Good has turned in a response. It was very creative, however I must point out that I really like my Mother-in-Law.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for standing up for your mother-in-law.Since I am one it is refreshing to hear a good relationship being reported. It will be wonderful that you are on US soil again wherever the outprocessing is!!!zm

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your rest when you can. I know sleep has been a flirty minx. AND . . when you come home, there will be plenty waiting for you to take care of. . . the stalls need to cleared, the barn needs painting, the harvest needs picken', songs need to be written, the book needs to be published, stuff like that. God in His timing will bring you home. CnH

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this comment will show up, for some reason my others haven't. Anyway still praying for your safe speedy return. Looking forward to how happy your wife and children will be when you are home safe and sound and in their arms again. scm

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just knowing that the process of getting you home is in the works is relieving. We're so excited about you coming home. My hubby can't wait to hike with you again. And hopefully you'll be here for the next church musical. We're still praying for your family and you and will keep on until you're home....and then we'll still keep on praying for you some more. You might need it when you have to deal with all of us again. M. Pads Coach

10:56 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Praying for safe travel for you and so glad you are on your way home.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home