Sunday, October 09, 2005

I'm Home

I'm home. It took a lot longer than I had anticipated but it's finally here. One war, one hurricane and a number of life threatening situations behind me and I'm finally here. I've got a pretty interesting story to tell about how I was stranded and abandoned by the Army during Hurricane Rita and spent a number of days sitting in a pitch dark room swatting mosquitoes eating MREs and wishing I was back in Iraq. Give me a few days to get reacquainted with my family and I'll tell you all about it. I'll also finish up the lightning round. I never figured it would take this long but I've been without power or a computer for the last few weeks. Thanks for hanging in there and I promise I'll finish it up in the next few days

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home G !
-L at dartmouth

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A year ago the Mrs. was visiting you. You've gone a long way, Baby (and back). Yippee! Welcome Home!!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! Our God is faithful. Your are home in one piece and a testimony to the goodness of God. zm

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home & THANK YOU!!

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you God for hearing and answering all of our prayers to bring GWM home safe and sound. It's been so good to see the family all together again! I give You Praise Lord Jesus! scm

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M. Pads Coach

1:36 PM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Thank you for serving our country and thank God for bringing you home safely.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great day when I can get on the computer, and read that your home. That made my week. Great to hear your home safe my friend!!

J. Alsman

9:10 PM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Big Welcome Home, and anxiously waiting for the rest of the story. Get well earned rest, but don't forget we're sitting on the porch steps.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Maggie Goff said...

Welcome home!! Hey, it's starting to get cold out here on the porch steps!! Please end the suspense.

And thanks very much for your service to our country.

12:04 AM  
Blogger genevieve said...

Your sis told me about your blog. Wow what a life you are living! Wish you all the best!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Hi Irrsoldier, I wanted to come over to your place, on this Veteran's Day and tell you., "THANKS FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY."

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home