Friday, October 01, 2004

Have Gun Will Travel

Well, I don't actually have a gun yet but today isn't going so bad. I had hot water and I got orders taking me to Ft. Hood. This is exactly the same path I took the first time I was in the Army. The unit I am attaching to is an Intell unit which makes me feel good. That at least gives me a glimmer of hope that I'll be doing my real job and not just a warm body to put on guard duty. When I called the unit to make arrangements they said they had requested a person with my job because they had an opening that wasn't filled. Apparently the Army did have a plan after all. One thing I did find out is that the unit just left for Iraq. The story so far is I'll train with a different unit and go over and hook up with my unit.

I wanted to post this because I don't know when the next time I'll have internet access is. I have to check out of the hotel, which I'm still paying for out of my own pocket, in less than an hour and I still have to pack my one pair of shorts and 2 T-shirts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi GWM, Just read your column for the week. I thought I had a busy week and was tired from it, but you win the prize hands down. Know that you are being thought about and prayed for. Love ya RM

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home