Tuesday, March 22, 2005

What a Good Day

Yesterday was a pretty good day. All the mail that has been accumulating since February showed up. It was like Christmas. Packages, letters, books. It was a good day. Everybody got a bunch of mail, and for about 20 minutes there wasn't a war going on. People shared details from letters, cookies, gum, all kinds of stuff. Mail is a wonderful magical thing. I think the most universally enjoyed item was the selection of nerf guns some anonymous sender sent to us out here. We were dodging darts and mounting nerf attacks against one another all night. We found that a tiny dab of shaving cream will make a dart stick much better to a bald head. What a good day.

I updated the pictures. I put a little section called Mahmudiah Mud. You can get a small glimpse of how it looked here after the rain.

Cody Badger part 2 is in the works. The first installment didn't go exactly how I wanted it to. I didn't really want to spend much time developing the character, but just wanted to get right to the action. It just played out differently in my mind. I just couldn't make it work how I wanted it to. I think the next few episodes will be better.

Anyway, I've been having a pretty good time here lately. They worked the laundry issue out, I picked some up today and I think I know how they're turning it around quicker. It was still wet. I've got laundry hung, draped, laid out all over my little area. It shouldn't take too long to dry, it's just inconvenient, but it smells better.

Check out the pictures and stay tuned for part 2 of Cody Badger.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are expecting rain, AGAIN. Glad we don't have the mud issue. However, the boys would love it. Puddles seem to attract them like magnets. Glad you FINALLY got some of your mail. JRR Tolken spent close to 30 years getting LOTR just right. Let Cody emerge anyway it happens. CnH

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again love the pictures, it really makes it so much easier to visualize exactly what it's like over there. The mud pictures were unbelieveable. Does the water and mud stay out of the tents? It is hard to imagine how it could. scm

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the first installment of Cody. Will Cody be involved in a Port-o-potty sniping incident?

Glad you got your mail. I hope you can get some deodorant soon.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed at the water and mud in your campsite. Did someone say Flood? How long does it take for all of that to clear up? Glad we don't have that kind of mess around here. TM

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will soon be April and you will have April showers. Do know what April showers bring? May flowers. Do you know what May Flowers bring? Pilgrims. Groan!
Wonder if the desert will blossom like a rose after all this rain. Today in Indiana it has rained and snowed. March is leaving like a Lion. Could you use a sump pump? maybe we could send you one. KLM

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home